HIPS is a filament that is used to both print objects and acts as support material during the construction of complex geometric objects with angles greater than 45 degrees. Acting as a support material, HIPS is easily removed when the completed object is submerged in D’Limonene where HIPS is soluble. The best material to pair HIPS with as support is ABS since they both have very similar mechanical properties. If used as a standard material, HIPS objects are very stiff and have good heat resistance.
- Heat Resistant
- Water Resistant
- Impact Resistant
- Extrusion temperature: ±230 ºC
- Bed temperature: ± 90 ºC
- Weight: 0.75kg
- Warping: Low
- Layer Bonding: Medium
- Compatible with: Bolt Pro & Xeed
- Filament Diameter: 1.75mm
- Heated Bed: Temperature affects HIPS when printing and you need to ensure better management for better printing results.
- Visual Prototypes: Considering that HIPS has very similar properties to ABS, it is also applicable to use it for visual prototypes since it’s strong and can be post-processed to create the desired design.