Carbon filament is great for printing strong and durable parts. It is the perfect choice for mechanical parts, housing, shells or other protective casings. Carbon filament usually contains additional printing materials within its composition (ABS, PETG, NYLON etc.) depending on the product needed.
- Heat Resistant
- Impact Resistant
- Extrusion temperature: ±230 ºC
- Bed temperature: ± 70 ºC
- Weight: 0.5kg
- Warping: Low
- Layer Bonding: High
- Compatible with: Bolt Pro
- Filament Diameter: 1.75mm
- Steel Nozzles: Carbon filament is very abrasive and it is better to print with steel nozzles to reduce clogging.
- Print Speed: To ensure better results, print carbon parts with a lower printing speed. This will ensure better results.
- Visual Prototypes: Due to its low density and increase strength, carbon fibre has excellent mechanical properties. Is an amazing choice for building mechanical components. It is recommended to use when making parts for cars or aircraft.
- Functional Prototypes: It’s superior strength and lightweight properties offer great dimensional stability, reducing the chances of warping or shrinkage. Due to this, carbon filament can be used to produce complex geometries that are much lighter and are more dimensionally stable.
- Tooling: Carbon has very strong durability properties. It is used often in the automotive and aircraft industry to create impact-resistant parts but also can be used for tooling purposes.